Hi, I've been experiencing Will Robinson errors every time I edit a clip (any clip; it happens on all I've edited for the last 5 days or so) and save changes; this started happening about the time of the last release/software upgrade. Basically, when I save, it takes forever to save and then results in the screen shot below. The changes seem to actually save, but I have to reopen the original link to check to be sure, because I am given the error message first. It happens with various internet connections (as I have been traveling and on many different ones; now home, and still a problem) and on various browsers (Safari and Chrome). What's the issue and can it be fixed? It adds a step to my editing process, as I have to go back and check that changes were saved. And if a member does this, it appears as if the system is not working.
Can you give me a specific example of a clip that you edited and what edit you made to it? I'm trying to recreate the issue.
It happens on every clip; when I change anything - title, tags, clip sets.
Here's one I just did it to - I changed title, clip set and tags.
I usually change multiple things when I edit clips, so hard to isolate if title, tags or clip sets is the culprit.
Thanks. I've been unable to recreate the issue by changing any or all of those items on my own site, so we'll have to look a little bit deeper.
I'll report back!
I have not been able to track down the actual cause of this issue yet, but we are looking into it. The only thing I have been able to determine is that this seems to only be happening with the clip sets for a clip are changed. So, if you are just adding/removing tags, or changing the title you will not experience this timeout issue.
If you are only editing one of those other fields and are also experiencing this issue please let me know what field you edited, and where.
We will post back once we have a better idea what is going on, thanks!
I have tracked down the root cause of this problem, and we are going to be looking at changes to improve performance in this area. We will have to make code changes to address this problem, so we will let you know once we have a hotfix in place.
In the meantime, it seems that performance has temporarily improved, and these edit requests are taking around 20 seconds to complete. Hopefully that will last, but until we have a fix in place there is no guarantee. Your changes, as you have found, are being applied, so at least with some patience everything is still working.
We will post back when a fix is in place!
We tracked down the cause of the issue and made a change that improved performance dramatically. You should no longer have these update problems!
Great! I'll monitor the situation.