Today I have another addition to your Hoop.la community bag of tricks.
For this example I'm using USTREAM, but there may be other similar services that will accomplish the same thing. Essentially, anything that has an embed code available can use this same method.
- Sign up for a USTREAM (or other live streaming service) account and create a channel.
- Click Channel > Embed. Copy the embed code.
- Go to your Hoop.la site, click Manage, and in the dropdown, click Custom Page. Create a new custom page.
- Paste the USTREAM embed code in the HTML box.
- (Optional step) Add the new custom page to your community menu.
What could you do with this type of integration? Imagine a weekly cooking demonstration, or a live interview series. Imagine turning the camera on a community event so that members who aren't there can "attend." The possibilities are intriguing...
Are you currently doing any livestreaming? Have you thought about integrating it with your online community? How's your Summer going so far?