We've just rolled out a software update for Hoop.la that focuses on profile management for admins. Here's a rundown on the shiny newness:
1. Gender, Birthday, Location now completely configurable.
Previously, birthday, gender, and location were hard-coded profile fields that you could not change. Now, you can enable/disable each entirely, make required or optional, etc.
2. Control exactly what appears on the registration page.
We've added a new profile parameter: "Include on registration form". Check that box for any profile field (this includes custom profile fields) that you want to include on the member registration form, whether it is a required field or not.
3. Required fields now more obviously denoted.
We've made it clearer which profile fields are required (on both the registration and edit profile page).
4. Now you can search everything at once.
Before, you could only search within each content type. Now, you can do a search that spans all content types on your site.
5. Custom graemlins now supported.
You'll find this new control panel page in your control panel in Settings > Graemlins.
6. Customize the "powered by" graphic.
You can set this as part of your theme.
7. We've created a new Registration Settings section of the control panel.
This is comprised of many of the settings that used to be on the Member Settings control panel page.
In addition to the things mentioned above, there were numerous other bug fixes and minor enhancements enhancements.